Dr. Pamela Tucker joined the Department of Physical Therapy at Hampton University in 2005 after retiring from the United States Navy. Dr. Tucker is the Academic Coordinator for Clinical Education. She also teaches Clinical Education Seminar I-IV, Administration and Management, Case Management I, and PT Seminar II. Dr. Tucker is the Lab Assistant for Test and Measurements, Physical Agents, and Musculoskeletal Management I and II.
- Transitional Doctorate of Physical Therapy, Rocky Mountain University, Provo, Utah, 2006.
- Master of Science in Health Services Administration, Central Michigan University, Mt. Pleasant, Michigan, 1990.
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, Georgia State University, Atlanta, Georgia, 1982.
- American Physical Therapy Association (APTA)
- Virginia Chapter of the APTA
- Orthopedic Section of the APTA
- Education Section of the APTA
- American Academy of Physical Therapy
Licensure & Certifications
- Physical Therapist Licensure Virginia
- Physical Therapist Licensure Georgia
- Direct Access Certified Provider Virginia.
Research Interest and Presentations
Dr. Tucker’s research interest includes diabetes care and its relation to health care disparities. Her physical therapy specialty interests are in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine.
Tucker, P (April 2008) Comparative Study of Continuum of Diabetes Care for Black and White
Medicare Beneficiaries in the United States. Poster Presentation, American Academy of Physical
Therapy Annual Conference Birmingham, Alabama.