Dr. Otsebele E Nare Interim Chair and Associate Professor Location:Olin Engineering Building318 Phone:757-727-5288 E-mail:email@example.com Expertise:Electrical Engineering, Integrative STEM Education
D. Eng. in EE
D. Eng. in EE
Morgan State University, 2005
- Integrative STEM & Electrical Engineering Education
- System Level Synthesis Design Methodologies
- Power/Energy Systems and Microgrids
- Advanced Manufacturing
Dr. Nare received his doctorate, masters, and bachelors' degrees in Electrical Engineering from Morgan State University, Baltimore, MD. He joined the Electrical Engineering faculty in January 2007.
- Otsebele Nare and Jale Akyurtlu, “What is the Role of Engineering in Secondary Education? A Case for Integrating Crosscutting Engineering Skills in K-12”, ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2015.
- Otsebele Nare, Ziette Hayes, Cort Coghill and Jim Brinkman, "An Evaluation of Microgrid Design Projects Integrated in a Pre-College Summer Program" ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2014.
- Ziette Hayes, Otsebele Nare, and Michael Reynolds, "The Business of Engineering: Developing Non-Technical Skills in a STEM Based Summer Program", The Journal of Business and Finance Research, Vol 4(1), Fall/Winter 2013, pp. 5-15.
- Kazi M. Moyeenull Huq, M.E. Baran, Srdjan Lukic, and Otsebele E Nare, "An Energy Management System for a Community Energy Storage System" 2012 Proceedings of IEEE Energy Conversion Congress and Exposition, 2012.
- Otsebele Nare and Qiang Le, "Resource Management for Weather-Dependent Energy Constrained Environments" Proceedings of the International Conference of Engineering and Applied Science, 2012
- Otsebele Nare, "Teaching Energy Conversion – A Case of Electrical Engineering Students Self-Assessing Performance Outcomes" ASEE-SE Conference Proceedings, 2012.