Dr. Monzurul Roni joined the School of Pharmacy at Hampton University as Assistant Professor in 2014. Dr. Roni teaches Anatomy & Physiology (PHA 321), Drug and Disease State Management courses (PHA 482,484,583,585,588), and Introduction to Toxicology (PHA 522). Dr. Roni has interest in translational pharmaceutical research including behavioral and molecular pharmacology.
- Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), South Dakota State University, 2014
- M.S. (Pharmaceutics), University of Dhaka, 2004
- B.Pharm, University of Dhaka, 2003
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Effects of lobeline and reboxetine, fluoxetine, or bupropion combination on depression-like behaviors in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2015; 139:1-6.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. The effects of lobeline on depression-like behavior and hippocampal cell proliferation following chronic stress in mice. Neurosci Lett 2015; 584:7-11.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. The effects of lobeline on nicotine withdrawal-induced depression-like behavior in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2014; 231:2989-2998.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Antidepressant-like effects of lobeline in mice: Behavioral, neurochemical, and neuroendocrine evidence. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2013; 41:44-51.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Neuronal nicotinic receptor antagonist reduces anxiety-like behavior in mice. Neurosci Lett 2011; 504:237-241.
- Kibria G, Roni MA, Absar MS, Jalil RU. Effect of plasticizer on release kinetics of diclofenac sodium pellets coated with Eudragit RS 30 D. AAPS PharmSciTech 2008; 9:1240-1246.
Awards and Honors
- Academic Excellence Faculty Award 2017, Hampton University
- Professor of the year 2016, Hampton University School of Pharmacy.
- Member of the year 2014, AAPS student chapter at South Dakota State University (SDSU).
- Society for Neuroscience (SFN).
- American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS).
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Rho Chi honors society