Dr. Monzurul Roni joined the School of Pharmacy at Hampton University as Assistant Professor in 2014. Dr. Roni teaches Anatomy & Physiology (PHA 321), Drug and Disease State Management courses (PHA 482,484,583,585,588), and Introduction to Toxicology (PHA 522). Dr. Roni has interest in translational pharmaceutical research including behavioral and molecular pharmacology.
Ph.D. (Pharmaceutical Sciences), South Dakota State University
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Lobeline attenuates ethanol abstinence-induced depression-like behavior in mice. Alcohol 2017; 61:63-70.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Effects of lobeline and reboxetine, fluoxetine, or bupropion combination on depression-like behaviors in mice. Pharmacol Biochem Behav 2015; 139:1-6.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. The effects of lobeline on depression-like behavior and hippocampal cell proliferation following chronic stress in mice. Neurosci Lett 2015; 584:7-11.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. The effects of lobeline on nicotine withdrawal-induced depression-like behavior in mice. Psychopharmacology (Berl) 2014; 231:2989-2998.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Antidepressant-like effects of lobeline in mice: Behavioral, neurochemical, and neuroendocrine evidence. Prog Neuropsychopharmacol Biol Psychiatry 2013; 41:44-51.
- Roni MA, Rahman S. Neuronal nicotinic receptor antagonist reduces anxiety-like behavior in mice. Neurosci Lett 2011; 504:237-241.
Awards and Honors
- Academic Excellence Faculty Award 2017, Hampton University
- Professor of the year 2016, Hampton University School of Pharmacy.
- Member of the year 2014, AAPS student chapter at South Dakota State University (SDSU).
- Society for Neuroscience (SFN).
- American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP)
- Rho Chi honors society